Friday, June 26, 2009

Another Milestone


We've celebrated many things today - the end of a looooong term, school athletics carnival and Daniel's birthday party. The day was dampened by rain at the athletics (we soldiered on as it was only light) and it was dark and cold by the time Daniel's last little party guest departed but we've had a great day overall.
I don't think I'll ever have a party on the last day of term again - even though Anthony organized it all. Everyone had a good time and the children from school enjoyed our big backyard to run around in but everyone was very tired as well. We kept it very simple. Daniel and Eric are huge Scooby-Doo fans so he'd requested a Scooby-Doo theme. Anthony decorated with stuff we had left over from Eric's halloween birthday party a couple of years ago and screened off part of the area under the house with bird netting that is destined from my classroom with its Underwater World theme for next term. The children ran around and around the house, played on the swings and trampoline and participated in a few games organized by Eric and Anthony. Eric has been waiting for about six months to dress up as a ghost and "scare" the preps and he's finally had his moment this afternoon.
My contribution was printing out some ready made invitations from the internet, fielding acceptances and apologies and icing two square sponge cakes last night with spooky green icing. This afternoon I added red writing and "Shaggy" and "Scooby-Doo" figures and I was done. Anthony has done the food, party bags and everything else while I have been fnishing reports, portfolios and parent teacher interviews over the past few weeks.
I'm looking forward to a couple of slower paced weeks in which I can spend time with my boys, get some work done in the house, focus on my health and fitness more and of course do a bit of school work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments from readers (it's nice to know there are interested people out there) but reserve the right to delete anything that I consider inappropriate from my blog. Your comments will be published after I have reviewed them.