Tourist highlights included:
- Green Island - glass bottomed boat tour, walking in the rainforest, checking out the Crocodile Park and swimming
- Daintree River - Boat Train cruise during which Eric got to drive
- Port Douglas - lunch, shopping, coffee, sorbet, gelato - what more can I say
- Mareeba/Atherton - Coffee Works with unlimited coffee and chocolate tasting and really interesting museum, Cheese Factory, Strawberry farm and banana farm
- Kuranda - Train ride up there and Skyrail back - went to Bird park and Butterfly house which were both stunning
- Muddy's water playground on the Cairns foreshore followed by lunch at Skippers
- Dinner at Paddywhacks where I had Outback pasta complete with kangaroo and crocodile and got Eric to try both.
- no deadlines or appointments
- very little housework indeed
- having dinner cooked almost every night - brilliant effort on the part of our lovely hostess
- sleeping in until Eric decided it was time for me to get up each day
- freedom to read and read
- time to knit
- lots and lots of conversation about the past, the present for both of us and what the future might hold
Words aren't enough to say thank-you to my dear Fiona for her wonderful hospitality, flexibility and patience. We both had a brilliant time with many great memories. You rock!