Thursday, September 10, 2009

Talking It All Over


It is a bit lonely being home, alone and unsupervised for days on end but on Thursday I spent time with two different friends talking about life, work, weight, housework and lots of other issues in between. One of the things I miss most about school is having the chance to have a good chat to other adults each day and being able to bounce things off people so Thursday was great. I've really clarified for myself where I am heading on my journey to better health and well-being as long as all the other things I need to do as a wife and mother.
I've set a goal at Weight Watchers to lose 5kg by December 3 and I think that if I can achieve that it will give me the forward momentum to keep on losing weight. I'd like to lose more than 5kg by then but that is the minimum.
Three main things I'm going to do to achieve this are:
Finding my 30 minutes - I can really relate to the ad campaign about finding 30 minutes a day to exercise. Contours is 5 minutes away and it takes 30 minutes so there is really no reason why I can't go there 6 days a week but we've set 3-5 days as a minimum for that.
Tracking my food intake - I use e-tools on the Weight Watchers site so I can do this quickly and easily each day - so there is no real excuse for not doing it. I'm actually putting it into a word document and printing it out to take to my meeting next week for added accountability.
Planning my meals - I made a pork casserole in the crock pot on Tuesday before I took the boys to swimming lessons and came home to find A with pizzas because "he didn't know I was going to cook" (I always ring him if I'm not going to manage dinner). He then announced that he didn't like the look of the pork casserole so it is still sitting there.

Edited later to add:
After I'd stormed out of the kitchen A did have the sense to divide up the pork casserole into containers and freeze it so when I got back from yesterday afternoon's adventure with the boys I had a packet of 90 second brown rice and my pork casserole for a nice healthy dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments from readers (it's nice to know there are interested people out there) but reserve the right to delete anything that I consider inappropriate from my blog. Your comments will be published after I have reviewed them.